Please see the Lead Times page for the current production timeline.
Like the original Bushbuddy Stove, the Bushbuddy Mini is a double-walled stove meaning that it has another wall that surrounds the main burning chamber. This allows for secondary combustion air to be possible, providing a fire that is as clean as a candle and free of smoke. The exhaust gases that naturally emit from burnt wood is allowed to mix with preheated air (by the radiant heat of the combustion chamber) coming in from the intake holes of the outer shell. This mixture of gases is able to be burnt by the fire in addition to the wood in the firebox. The double-wall design also works as a “damper” to limit the amount of oxygen fed to the fire and allows for a more efficient burn that consumes fuel slowly. The improved burn of the double-wall design, allows the stove to use less wood than regular wood stoves.
Differences between the Original and Mini Bushbuddy:
- The Bushbuddy Mini does not have an ash pan or heat shield to protect the ground (we recommend setting it on a rock or clearing the ground before use). This also allows the fire to be started both from below and above the fire chamber.
- The Bushbuddy Mini weighs 2.2 oz. less than the Original and more robust due to the formed shell.
- The Bushbuddy Mini is shorter, meaning it will fit in short and wide pots such as the Evernew 900ml.
Performance wise, the Mini and the Original are identical. Same pot support. Same sized firebox.
Bushbuddy Mini Specs:
Material: Stainless Steel
Weight: ~4.2 oz. - 4.5 oz. (because this is a handmade item, each stove varies slightly in weight)
Dimensions: 4-1/4″ dia. x 3″ h. (nested)
- Handcrafted in Alaska
Bushbuddy Mini Titanium Pot Specs:
Dimensions: 4.6″ dia. x 3.15” h.
- Includes Mesh Storage Bag
- Made in China for Bushbuddy